The Henderson Municipal Court offers virtual court appearances which allow defendants to resolve cases at a video hearing using ZOOM on a computer or smart device.
REASONS TO MAKE A VIRTUAL COURT APPEARANCE
- To enter a plea of NOT GUILTY and request a trial by judge or jury.
- To enter a plea of GUILTY or NO CONTEST.
- To request deferred disposition probation in cases for which that option is not available without a court appearance.
- To appeal to the Judge for a fine reduction.
- To appeal to the Judge for payment terms different from those a clerk can approve.
- To request that the Judge lift a City of Henderson warrant.
- To request a different payment due date or amount from that established in a previous judgment or payment plan. Be prepared to explain why a change is required.
- To request more time to complete community service, a driving safety course, or other Court ordered program.
- When appearance is required by State law or Court policy for the charged offense.
The Court will make every effort to dispose of your case(s) at a Virtual Court Appearance; however, this option may not be feasible in all circumstances.
VIRTUAL COURT APPEARANCE GUIDELINES
You must have a webcam or built-in camera with sound and video functionality on your device to make a virtual court appearance. The ZOOM app must be installed on the device before the virtual court appearance begins.
- If you have a language barrier or disability requiring a special accommodation including translation services, contact the Court at least 72 hours before your Virtual Court Appearance.
- Visitors are required to adhere to all Courtroom Rules and Dress Code.
- Treat Court staff and proceedings with respect at all times.
- Avoid background noise and inappropriate or distracting background displays.
- Give your full attention to the proceedings by silencing and putting away all digital devices.
- Recording of virtual Court proceedings is prohibited.
- Be patient as technical issues may arise and cause delay.
- State law requires court hearings be open to the public; therefore, all Virtual Court Appearances are streamed live to YouTube. Proceedings are not recorded.
To schedule an appearance in Virtual Court, contact the Court to obtain a meeting ID and login instructions.
MINIMUM TECHNOLOGY REQUIRMENTS
- Device capable of accessing the internet (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.)
- Fast and stable internet connection.
- Attached or built-in camera that will allow the Judge to see you clearly.
- Attached or built-in microphone that will allow you to speak to the Judge.
- Attached or built-in speakers that will allow you to hear the Judge.
- Working email address from which you can send and receive images or documents.
- Working telephone number which Court staff can use to reliably contact you.
- Unless otherwise specified, all amounts ordered by the Judge require immediate payment.
- If the Judge approves an extension or a payment plan, an immediate down payment may be required.
- MANDATORY | Completed payment plan application which discloses financial information, contact information and references.