The City of Henderson’s Finance Department is dedicated to maximizing the City's assets with available resources, minimizing costs and protecting the City’s funds. The Finance Department’s major areas of responsibility include:

  • Financial administration and planning 
  • Accounting
  • Payroll 
  • Purchasing
  • Utility billing and collections
  • Risk management
  • Budget operations 
  • Treasury management
  • Processing accounts payable transactions for all City programs 
  • Publishing the City's monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
  • Administering the City's cash management and investment program
  • Invoicing miscellaneous receivables 
  • Maintaining records of the City's fixed assets

The Finance Department provides for the processing of all financial data in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner. This allows the department to monitor budgetary requirements and comply with all City, State and Federal laws.


Open Records Request

According to Texas state law, Government Code Chapter 552 the City of Henderson, Texas operates as an open government and information and records are subject to the Texas Public Information Act.  The purpose of this is to provide a mechanism for Citizens to inspect or copy government records and maintain control over the instruments they have created.  

The City Secretary handles all open records requests other than Police Reports and Accident Reports for the City of Henderson. In addition, the City Secretary's Office also provides documents upon request such as deeds, easements, ordinances, resolutions, and City Council minutes. 

To make a request for public records, complete the Open Records Request Form and return it to the City Secretary's Office located at: 

Office of City Secretary, Cheryl Jimerson 

300 West Main Street, Second Floor 

Henderson, Texas 75652

Phone: (903) 657-6551, ext. 102


Contact Us

  1. Finance Director
    Karen Arnall

    Physical and Mailing Address
    300 West Main Street
    Henderson, TX 75652
    (903) 657-6551, ext. 114